Rate This Recipe
Stuffing and pork belly and roasting, a great trio. My favourite pork cut and cooking method.
- 1kg pork belly (not too fatty)
- Flaked salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 cup dried figs
- 1 cup dried apples
- ½ cup raisins
- 100g Fresh Breadcrumbs
- 1 bunch parsley
- 100g prosciutto, diced
- 100g minced pork
- Pinch sugar
- 1 Tbsp dried marjoram
- 1 onion, finely chopped and sautéed till transparent
- Flaked salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven.
- Turn the pork belly rind side up score the rind with a knife.
- Now, turn the pork belly over so the scored rind side is against the bench and lightly season the flesh of the belly with salt and pepper.
- Combine the stuffing ingredients and mix well.
- Stuff the pork belly with this mixture, and then roll up with the stuffing inside and either tie with kitchen twine or use a skewer to hold in the roll together.
- Oil and salt the rind.
- Roast on 230°C for 30 minutes or until the rind crackles and crisps, then reduce the heat to 160°C and cook for further 60 minutes.