Rate This Recipe
A healthy way to enjoy the full flavour of apricots!
- 6 - 8 ripe sweet apricots, halved and stone removed
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Ground cinnamon and cardamom for dusting
- Pistachio Rice
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 25 grams butter
- 1/3 cup pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- 1½ cups chicken or vegetable stock
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 roasted chicken - store bought or home prepared
- Natural yoghurt to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven.
- To prepare rice - melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add onion, pistachios, flaked salt and pepper and sauté until onion is soft.
- Add rice and stir to coat.
- Add stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to very low, cover tightly and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stand for further 15 minutes.
- Whilst rice is cooking place halved apricots, cut side up, into a shallow baking dish.
- Combine stock and oil with honey and pour over apricots.
- Dust lightly with ground cinnamon and cardamom and bake for 20 minutes.
- Arrange pistachio rice and chicken portions onto serving plates and top with oven roasted apricots and juices.
- Garnish and serve immediately with yoghurt as an optional side dish.