Rate This Recipe
These are just divine. So easy and simple to make and everyone will love them. Serve them as finger food at a barbecue, or a drinks party. Choose mushrooms that can fit in the mouth in one bite, it makes them go further and easier for your guests to hold while they're also holding a drink.
- 2/3 cup couscous
- 2/3 boiling water
- 15g butter
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 12 large button mushrooms, stalks removed
- 200g feta, crumbled
- Preheat barbecue to a high heat.
- Place couscous in a bowl, pour over boiling water, cover and set aside to stand for 5 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Add butter and toss gently with a fork.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add garam masala and cayenne pepper and cook for a minute longer.
- Add onion mixture to couscous and toss to combine.
- Fill mushrooms with couscous mixture, top with feta cheese and cook on lightly oiled barbecue grill for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and cheese melts.