Rate This Recipe
We used to make these as kids but not on a campfire. We just put them in the oven and ate them in front of the TV. If you love bananas you'll love these. They're the perfect camping dessert. The fruit travels with it's own packaging that also doubles as the cooking vessel and you can add just about anything to them for flavour.
- 1 banana per person
- Aluminium foil
- Your choice of flavouring ingredients such as chocolate chips, honeycomb bits, nuts, seeds, dried fruit or any type of lolly
- Just take a banana, split it lengthwise down the concave side of the peel.
- Stuff with the flavouring ingredients you've chose
- Encase in the foil then place into a fire or on a grill plate if you're barbecuing and leave for 30 minutes.
- To eat, open the foil and scoop out th content with a spoon. You can add a little cream or yoghurt if you have some on hand, but they're great just on their own.