- Sweet or savoury biscuits (plain, without fillings)
- Melted butter (amount will depend on how many biscuits you have)
- In a small saucepan or the microwave, melt the butter.
- Place the biscuits into a food processor or electric chopper and pulverize into crumbs.
- Measure 1½ cups of crumbs into a medium bowl.
- Add enough of the melted butter to moisten the crumbs but not make them wet.
- Stir or blend together with your hands.
- Press into the pie plate or other pan, or use as instructed in your recipe (sometimes only the crushed biscuits will be used without the melted butter, so follow your instructions).
- To pre-bake the pie crust, bake for 8 to 10 minutes in a preheated 180°C oven.
- Any leftover biscuits can be stored in a the fridge or frozen till required.
The multimedia content on Victoria Hansen Food is reserved for subscribing members. You can have access FREE by subscribing to the site. Simple fill in the form tot eh right to gain INSTANT access to all media content, sitewide.
PLEASE NOTE: You will be added to our mail list when you fill in this form. If you unsubscribe from the mail list, you also unsubscribe from the site and will no longer be able to login or have access to the media content.