What You'll Need
- Zip lock bag
Rate this Content
Unlike meat or chicken, seafood should only be marinated for around 30 minutes. Any longer and the acid in the marinade can coagulate the protein in the seafood and par cook it, making it tough when cooked fully. Any marinade can be used for seafood, same as with other raw meat and poultry, but it is important to remember seafood has a much more subtle flavour and some marinades can be overpowering.
- Have all your marinade ingredients ready and your seafood peeled and deveined if it needs to be.
- Begin by mixing your marinade ingredients in a bowl until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Take a zip lock bag and place the seafood in the bag, then add the marinade to the bag with the seafood.
- Now move the seafood and marinade around together in the bag so that the marinade completely mingles with the seafood.
- Then push the seafood and marinade to the end of the bag and press the bag sides together just above the contents and pressing all the way to the top, push out all the air.
- Now seal the bag and flat it out so that the marinade is encasing all the seafood. Now let it marinate in the fridge for about 30 minutes, then use as directed in your recipe.